Wheaty Whisk(e)y: GR Andrews & Sons 'Fleurieu Distillery' Launch
Wed Nov 30th from 6-7:30pm
Tickets $20+bf through Oztix HERE
After over a decade of brewing and 28 Australian & International Beer Award wins as the Steam Exchange Brewery, Gareth and Angela Andrews are finally pleased to announce the release of their latest project – the GR Andrews & Sons Fleurieu Distillery. And it’s been a long time coming! They’re still located on the Goolwa Wharf, but 95% of what they manufacture is now Single Malt Whisky and Gin.
- The First Release 52% abv from first fill ex-Seppeltsfield port casks. Very Australian nose with fruity jams (apricot, fig and almond, blackberry and blueberry) and some eucalyptus and thymol (pretty typical of Lark, Limeburners and Southern Coast/Iniquity. Probably closest to Iniquity, but more subtle as there’s youthful notes there too.
- The Peated Medium Peated, Cask Strength 62.5% abv. Yes, a port cask peated! Due for release around Christmas. Very subtle nose, with the peat taking a while to become obvious. Much more obvious in the palate and finish as it dries out
- “Cher” Sherry Barrel at 17 months old 63.3% abv. Yes, every barrel has a name! Ex-McWilliams sherry barrel “Cher” cask strength, Young and gorgeous.
- “Bacall” Sherry Barrel Heavily Peated at 12 months old 63.4% cask strength. Ex-McWilliams sherry barrel “Bacall” (barrelled-up on the same day as “Bogart”). Despite the name dating back to bygone era, even younger and more gorgeous! Cigar anyone?
- The Mystery Barrel 63.5% abv. Gareth’s naughty little secret, 20 litre first fill ex-port cask 2 years 7 months old. Every South Australian ought to have heard of Goyder’s line. This is an introduction to “The Talisker-Robe Line”. Cross it if you dare...
- Goolwa Moonlight New Make spirit 51% abv. Essentially whisky before its barrel-aged. Everyone has heard of moonshine, but have you tried it?
Join Owner/Distiller Gareth for a chat about the 'Talisker-Robe Line' and some damn fine Drams!
Tickets through Oztix HERE